Specialist Employability Support
Kennedy Scott will always define you by your talents and abilities, not by your disability. Specialist Employability Support (SES) is a programme designed to support people with disabilities and health conditions into the work place. This voluntary support programme is delivered nationwide.
What we do
- Listen to you and take the time to understand your life, your needs and your goals.
- Give you a personal Caseworker to provide you with consistent support to tackle any issues and help you to progress.
- Build a Circle of Support around you. This will include all the people who you want to work together to help you achieve your goals. They could be your family and friends, health professionals, housing advisors and other support services.
- Offer maximum convenience: Kennedy Scott has locations all over the country, or we could meet at an alternative community location if you prefer.
- Look for work experience and jobs which match your skills and goals. You will never be forced to do anything that isn’t right for you and we will work with employers to get the right workplace support to help you succeed.
- Help you build skills and practical tools for jobsearching including CVs and interviews, and provide access to qualifications and apprenticeships.
- Provide access to activities and support services that will help build your confidence, meet new people and gain skills.
- If you’ve got a great business idea, we will provide expert support in going self-employed.
'Disabilities do not define people; their talents and abilities do'
Our support doesn’t end once you’ve completed the programme. We will support you for up to six months after your find work, through the transitional stage from jobseeker to employee with things like moving from benefits to wages.
SES is delivered nationally and funded by the Department for Work and Pensions and the European Social Fund.
Download information leaflets
Customer Information Leaflet
JCP Information Leaflet
Read Karm's story