New to Kennedy Scott
What to expect at your first appointment
- You will have a welcome induction with one of our Employment Consultants, lasting up to an hour (note, this may be on a 1-2-1 basis, or as part of a group). We will listen to you and discuss your goals and aspirations to help you achieve a successful career.
- You will be briefed on Kennedy Scott’s expectations and our role in helping you find work. This will include a break-down of the programme’s guidelines, activities and workshops, and any third parties or external partners we work with.
- You will create an initial action plan, with an advisor, outlining any workshops that will benefit you, such as: Motivation and Confidence, Interview Skills etc.
- You will be given a tour of our centre and introduced to our team.
- We will arrange the date and time of your next appointment.
What to bring
- Photo identification e.g. a passport or drivers license. If you do not have photo identification, please bring your birth certificate. If you do not have any of the listed forms of ID, please bring along proof of benefit and we will request a birth certificate for you.
- Your Kennedy Scott appointment letter (you should have received this in the post).
- Your CV, if you have one.
How we will help you
- You will receive expert one-to-one support and guidance from a personal Employment Consultant.
- Job searching advice, including how to write a great CV and succeed in interviews.
- Group workshops and specific skills programmes.
- Access to computers and phones to aid you in your jobsearch.
- Work experience and placement opportunities.
- Access to skills, qualifications and activities.
- Continuous advice and guidance even when you have entered work, and financial assistance with making the transition.
- Benefits calculations to work out how your entitlements will change when you get a job and how you could benefit financially.
- Priority access to vacancies sourced by our team.
We have 14 hub offices across London, the South East and the Midlands, click here to find your nearest centre