Help to Work
Help to Work is a voluntary employment project that gives you personalised support to help you reach your career goals and achieve your potential.
The project is for anyone who is currently unemployed. You don’t have to be on benefits to join, but you must be aged 16 or over and a legal resident with the right to work in the UK.
Help to Work is funded by the Department for Work and Pensions and the European Social Fund.
How it works
When you join we will give you a personal Employment Coach who will regularly meet with you to help you progress.
Your Employment Coach will talk to you about your career aspirations, any issues that you feel are preventing you from finding work and what you want to get out of the project. Together you will agree an action plan to help you reach your goals.
We will help you build a Circle of Support© that includes all the people you want to work with to help you achieve your goals. They could be your family and friends, health professionals, housing advisors and other support services.
The Help to Work project works with local and national employers to source vacancies that suit your career goals.
Our promise to you
- We will listen to you and take the time to understand your life, your needs and your goals.
- We will give you a personal Employment Coach to provide you with consistent support to tackle any issues and help you to progress.
- We will build a Circle of Support around you made up of all the people you want to work together to help your progress during your journey back to work.
- We will look for work experience and jobs which match your skills and goals. You will never be forced to do anything that isn’t right for you and we will work with employers to get the right workplace support to help you succeed.
- We will help you build skills and practical tools for jobsearching, including CVs and interviews, and provide access to qualifications, training and apprenticeships.
- We will give you access to our e-Circle of Support website, which has a wide variety of services, courses and community groups to choose from that will help you to gain skills, build your confidence and improve your wellbeing. You can do things like gain qualifications, purchase a gym pass or find a sports club.
- If you’ve got a great business idea we will provide expert advice on self-employment.
- We will support you for up to six months after you find a job to help you settle in and progress in work.
contact our team
For more information or to join the project:
01304 201 213
Help to Work is delivered in the region and surrounding areas of, including but not limited to: Adur, Croydon, Brighton & Hove, Worthing, Tandridge, Mole Valley, Reigate & Banstead, Mid-Sussex, Horsham, Epsom & Ewell, Crawley, Lewes, Chichester district, Arun district.
Download information leaflets
Customer Information Leaflet v1
Customer Information Leaflet v2
Advisor Information Leaflet